Sunday, February 20, 2011

Self Portrait 11 - Updated version of 10

 
Vector work is something very unfamiliar to many traditional 2D design artists like myself. To draw a line that exists to be manipulated even after it's been draw in a bizarre and strange concept. 

Now, how is this theory of drawing related to who I am...well the drawing is. A few key things about this drawing:

-First, the style was first introduced to me by a very kind man who I knew in the past. One who even to this day is one of my favorite artists.

-The image of me drawn in a way that I can change at any time is a secretly appealing idea. Each of us have aspects of ourselves we'd like to alter or change. Mine are less external. Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad to lose a few pounds or cut back on some graying hair, but more than that I have these internal feelings I wish I could change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment